FLC Seniors Cycling
OLD SPOKES CYCLING CLUB
First week of June Rides
Weekend Ride - Level 3: Highwood Pass, the highest paved road in Canada
Level 2: Ralph Klein Park to Chestermere Level 2: Bottomlands Park to Edgemont
Level 2.5: Spruce Meadows Tounrament and watching the Lord Strathcona Riders
Level 3: Fish Hatchery to Glenmore Reservoir
ABOUT THE OLD SPOKES CYCLING CLUB:
We offer non-competitive rides for pleasure and socializing while exploring our city and environs.
- A variety of rides are offered each week from April to October.
- Cyclists are responsible for getting to variable start locations.
- Annual registration with nominal fee required.
We have 3 levels of cycling so all can choose the level that suits their ability:
- Level 1 – Cycle a minimum or 18 km on Tuesdays at a slower pace with fewer hills and more water breaks.
- Prep for Level 1 – for the first 3 weeks of the season, a shorter ride of 10 km will be available at the same time and day for those who wish to gain confidence and stamina before joining the regular Level 1 cyclists.
- Level 2 – Cycle a minimum of 30 km on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at a moderate pace with some hills and breaks as needed.
- Level 3 – Cycle a minimum of 40 km on Tuesdays and frequently on weekends (when posted) at a faster pace with more hills.
Steps to sign up for an Old Spokes Cycling Club ride:
- Review and abide by the Old Spokes Cycling Club Rules and Guidelines to ensure a safe, orderly and enjoyable cycling experience for all.
- Click on the green Ride Sign Up button below to see the rides currently available, enter your Cycling Club membership number and sign up for your choice.
- Only those members who have registered for a ride will receive an email by 8:00 AM to notify about ride cancellations.
- If you need to cancel after you register for a ride, return to that ride again, enter your membership number again and use the cancel button. Your name will be deleted from the Riders list for that ride.
ALERT: Be aware of new increased fines now in effect for speeding over posted speed limits on Calgary Pathways.
Ride Sign Up
Not a member? Join the FLC Seniors Old Spokes Cycling Club now!
Scroll down for more information
FLC Seniors Old Spokes Cycling Executive Committee and Responsibilities
How to create a shortcut to the FLC Seniors Old Spokes Cycling website on your desktop
Review these pages to get started in cycling, and to enhance your safety and cycling skills.
Contact & Club President: Tyrone Lester - (403) 246-2077
Membership: Brenda Ballantyne (403) 245-1670
For all inquiries, contact the Old Spokes Cycling Club
by filling out this e-mail form