FLC Seniors Cycling
OLD SPOKES CYCLING CLUB
First Level 2 Rides of the season. Tuesday group and Thursday group:
Riverbend Gazebo to LaFarge Meadows
Level 3 Ride this week: photo taken in Elgin
ABOUT THE OLD SPOKES CYCLING CLUB:
We offer non-competitive rides for pleasure and socializing while exploring our city and environs.
- A variety of rides are offered each week from April to October.
- Cyclists are responsible for getting to variable start locations.
- Annual registration with nominal fee required.
We have 3 levels of cycling so all can choose the level that suits their ability:
- Level 1 – Cycle a minimum or 18 km on Tuesdays at a slower pace with fewer hills and more water breaks.
- Prep for Level 1 – for the first 3 weeks of the season, a shorter ride of 10 km will be available at the same time and day for those who wish to gain confidence and stamina before joining the regular Level 1 cyclists.
- Level 2 – Cycle a minimum of 30 km on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at a moderate pace with some hills and breaks as needed.
- Level 3 – Cycle a minimum of 40 km on Tuesdays and frequently on weekends (when posted) at a faster pace with more hills.
Steps to sign up for an Old Spokes Cycling Club ride:
- Review and abide by the Old Spokes Cycling Club Rules and Guidelines to ensure a safe, orderly and enjoyable cycling experience for all.
- Click on the green Ride Sign Up button below to see the rides currently available, enter your Cycling Club membership number and sign up for your choice.
- Only those members who have registered for a ride will receive an email by 8:00 AM to notify about ride cancellations.
- If you need to cancel after you register for a ride, return to that ride again, enter your membership number again and use the cancel button. Your name will be deleted from the Riders list for that ride.
Ride Sign Up
Not a member? Join the FLC Seniors Old Spokes Cycling Club now!
Scroll down for more information
FLC Seniors Old Spokes Cycling Executive Committee and Responsibilities
How to create a shortcut to the FLC Seniors Old Spokes Cycling website on your desktop
Review these pages to get started in cycling, and to enhance your safety and cycling skills.
Contact & Club President: Tyrone Lester - (403) 246-2077
Membership: Brenda Ballantyne (403) 245-1670
For all inquiries, contact the Old Spokes Cycling Club
by filling out this e-mail form