FLC Seniors Cycling
FLC SENIORS Old Spokes Cycling Club
Two Important Dates
March 21, 2018 4:30 - 6:00 PM
The Old Spokes Club is in need of New Ride Leaders for the 2018 biking season. Please drop by the Seniors Room at the Trico Centre to sign up. Existing Ride Leaders will be in attendance if you have any questions. Ride Leaders are an important part of our groups and the rides wouldn’t happened without them. Please consider signing up for this position.
April 14,2018 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
This is the annual Spring Workshop and will be held in MP rooms 7 and 8 at Trico. There will be guest speakers as well as presentations from each of the ride coordinators (levels 1,2,2.5 & 3). This is a great opportunity to renew cycling friendships and plan for the 2018 cycling season. Weather permitting, scheduled rides will start the week after the workshop (given the amount of snow this winter, how’s that for optimism?)
We offer non-competitive rides for pleasure and socializing while exploring our city and environs.
- A variety of rides are offered each week from April to October.
- Cyclists are responsible for getting to variable start locations.
- Annual registration with nominal fee required.
We have 3 levels of cycling so all can choose the level that suits their ability:
- Level 1 – Cycle 10-20km at about 13-17 km/hr
- Prep for Level 1 – for the first 3 weeks of the season, a shorter ride of 10 km will be available at the same time and day for those who wish to gain confidence and stamina before joining the regular Level 1 cyclists.
- Level 2 – Cycle an average of 35 km at about 18–20 km/hr on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Level 3 – Cycle a minimum of 35 km at about 20 km/hr
on Tuesdays with more hills and faster pace.
Steps to sign up for an Old Spokes Cycling Club ride:
- Review and abide by the Old Spokes Cycling Club Rules and Guidelines to ensure a safe, orderly and enjoyable cycling experience for all.
- Click on the green Ride Sign Up button below to see the rides currently available, enter your Cycling Club membership number and sign up for your choice.
- Only those members who have registered for a ride will receive an email by 8:00 AM to notify about ride cancellations.
- If you need to cancel after you register for a ride, return to that ride again, enter your membership number again and use the cancel button. Your name will be deleted from the Riders list for that ride.
Ride Sign Up
Not a member? Join the FLC Seniors Old Spokes Cycling Club now!
Scroll down for more information
FLC Seniors Old Spokes Cycling Executive Committee and Responsibilities
How to create a shortcut to the FLC Seniors Old Spokes Cycling website on your desktop
Review these pages to get started in cycling, and to enhance your safety and cycling skills.
Contact & Coordinator: Tyrone Lester - (403) 246-2077
Membership: Dorothy Whalen 403-278-2902
For all inquiries, contact the Old Spokes Cycling Club
by filling out this e-mail form