FLC Seniors Qigong
Qigong (Chee Gong) is an ancient Chinese whole mind and body practice developed over 2000 years ago. The word "qi", pronounced chee, means energy while "gong" means to act or practice.
Qigong, therefore, consists of slow-flowing movements that activate the energy force in your body. It focuses on breath coupled with meditative visualization and recognizes that energy flow is vital to good health.
The gentle rhythmic movements of Qigong reduce stress, build stamina, and increase vitality. It has been found to improve cardiovascular, respiratory, circulatory, lymphatic, and digestive functions. Inherent in our instructor’s classes is the development of community spirit.
We offer in-person classes at the trico centre for family wellness
as well as online zoom classes
All participants must be FLC Seniors Club members and must join by registering online ($15 annually).
FLC membership begins on September 1, of each year.
Please click on MEMBERSHIP INFO at the top of this page to find out how to become an FLC member.
Registration and pament
Registration and payment are now open by following the simple steps below:
- First, decide which class or classes you wish to attend by checking Classes Available below.
- Next, scroll down to the big green button that says Click here to Register and Pay for both In-Person and Zoom Qigong Classes, and click on it. This will allow you to register and pay for your choice of the in-person classes, the Zoom class, or both.
In-person classes at Trico Fall 2023:
The four options are as follows. Participants choose one time slot to attend. Participants can however register and pay for as many time slots as they wish.
Classes will run from Tuesday, January 9, 2024 – Thursday, March 28, 2024.
- Tuesday Qigong with Diane 9:30 am – 10:30 am (starting Jan. 9) Diane Smith (Instructor)
- Tuesday Qigong with Diane 10:45 am - 11:45 am (starting Jan 9.) Diane Smith (Instructor)
- Thursday Qigong with Diane 9:30 am – 10:30 am (starting Jan. 11) Diane Smith (Instructor)
- Thursday Qigong with Diane 10:45 am – 11:45 am (starting Jan. 11) Diane Smith (Instructor)
- Thursday Qigong with Stella 10:45 am - 11:45 am (starting Jan. 11) Stella Arcega (Instructor)
- Fees: Cost: $65 for 12 classes
This will enable participants to register for one of the classes above.
In-person class protocols:
- The number of participants in Diane Smith’s classes is limited to 25.
- The number of participants in Stella Arcega’s class is limited to 12.
- Masks are optional when practicing Qigong
- Attendance will be taken at each class.
Zoom classes for Winter 2024:
Classes will run from Tuesday, January 9, 2024 – Thursday, March 28, 2024
10:00 am – 11:00 am on:
- Tuesdays Shibashi Qigong with Mario Mario Argento (Instructor)
- Wednesdays Qigong with Diane Diane Smith (Instructor)
- Thursdays Shibashi Qigong with Mario Mario Argento (Instructor)
Fees: $70 for all 36 classes
Attend as many as you desire
Click Here to Register and Pay for Both In-Person and Zoom Qigong Classes
Registered/paid participants will receive:
- an email with details of how to download the free Zoom application onto your computer, laptop, or tablet.
- details about the Qigong Zoom sessions including a Zoom link, meeting ID number, and access code.
- Save this email for weekly reference, or copy down the Zoom link and meeting access codes.
In addition, you can see a simple tutorial about how to get started in Zoom for the first time.
How to Get Started in Zoom
ZOOM Meeting Etiquette:
- Please "Mute" yourselves to reduce background noise...it will show as a diagonal line through the microphone icon.
- During the social time, click on Gallery View to see everyone who has their video camera turned on, and unmute yourself if you would like to chat/socialize.
- The Zoom host will mute everyone when the Qigong session begins.
- Click on Speaker View to see the instructor close-up during the class.
- If you want to talk/ be noticed - HAND UP or WAVE!
- Use the CHAT tool to type messages to everyone in the session, or to individuals (select names from the drop-down menu).
Qigong Executive Committee:
A group of dedicated individuals serves as the Executive Committee for the Qigong Club.
||Ray Ference/Judy Wallace
||Rosalie Bain/Joan Richards
||Ann-Louise Van Buuren/Fay Prichard
||Catherine Ranger/Carol Maxwell
For further information contact the Qigong Club Coordinator:
Brenda Zugman by filling out this e-mail form. ([email protected])
Thanks to OpenSky Qigong and Modern Qigong for images.