Updated: 23 March 2020
TRICO Centre, Lake Bonavista and Willow Ridge community facilities have been ordered closed.
The FLC Seniors Club recommends adhering to the Alberta government's guidelines for Mass Gatherings (see https://www.alberta.ca/restrictions-for-mass-gatherings.aspx):
"Cancel gatherings with less than 50 people if the event:
- includes attendees from demographic groups at greater risk of severe disease, such as people 60 years of age or older and individuals with chronic medical conditions"
Check the government / community websites for the latest information and advice:
- Federal: Gov. Canada COVID-19
- Provincial: Alberta Health Services - COVID-19
- Calgary: City of Calgary's Response to Coronavirus
- World Health Organization: WHO Coronavirus. Also check out their Mythbusters page at https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters.
- TRICO Centre for Family Wellness:Keeping TRICO Centre Community Healthy or Trico Centre COVID-19 FAQs
- Lake Bonavista Community Association: http://www.lakebonavistacommunity.com/
- Willow Ridge Communiyt Association: https://mywillowridge.ca/
Please exercise care when reading any claims about COVID-19. There are many misleading and outright false claims being made, so some skepticism is warranted. It is probably better to NOT forward / retweet / repost anything you receive from others, since it may be contributing to the spread of misinformation. For example there is information supposedly from Stanford that is false. It looks good and is almost plausible, but a quick search shows it to be a fraud (not from Stanford and misleading at best). Instead direct your family and friends to the websites above or other reputable health sites (e.g. Johns Hopkins or CDC).